- Cyber is a rapidly-growing, high-priority business area for a renowned reinsurance firm, who are actively growing their presence in China and across JAPAC. Following a group-wide commitment, there are currently vacancies for senior underwriters or cyber actuaries in Beijing and Tokyo, depending on languages.
- This is an exciting opportunity for Underwriters or Actuaries looking to move into reinsurance within a rapidly developing market. There is excellent exposure to C-Suite colleagues also.
- The role offers a unique opportunity to work on a greenfield/developing area, whilst providing the security of working under a global brand.
Our client is a respected and well-known reinsurance firm, that offers life, health and non-life insurance products across Europe (include CEE), the Middle East and Asia.
- To act as a leading Underwriter or Actuary (or a combination) for Cyber Solutions, working directly with external stakeholders to ensure business is conducted appropriately and within determined risk limits.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as Risk, Finance and Actuarial to ensure responsible underwriting practices.
- Ensure all relevant documentation and workflows are completed correctly, encouraging a transparent and data-driven approach to work (as much as possible within Cyber).
- Provide support on Reinsurance Solutions for Cyber business, but also provide support to primary insurance clients on developing direct cyber solutions.
- Communicate market developments and strategies to the group, to provide insight and ideas for growing and developing a market-leading Cyber offering across the group, with a particular focus on developments in China.
- Proactively develop professional relationships with clients, to ensure a long-term commercial relationship for the group.
- Experienced Underwriter or Actuary, ideally with previous experience in Cyber. Experience in Casualty or long-tail lines is also of interest. Demonstrable track-record and performance stats will be required.
- Fluent communication in written and spoken Chinese.
- Experience in the Chinese insurance market is advantageous, but not required.
- This role is looking for Underwriters and actuaries who can support the development of the Cyber offering in China, therefore previous experience in growing and developing either Cyber solutions or businesses in Asia will be considered.