- A unique opportunity for a qualified (or training-to-be qualified) Actuary to work in a purely Agile working environment and to escape the traditional heirarchies and BAU operating models.
- Act as the conduit between Business and IT, providing actuarial and risk calculations and models, whilst collaborating with colleagues from diverse specialisms to deliver unique, innovative results.
- Influence your own future career development, by setting goals and designing your own career path, be that towards strategy, advanced analytics or pure Actuarial & risk.
Our client is a boutique consultancy firm that delivers new business models, IT infrastructure and analytics models to Insurance field. Operating in Germany and enjoying the benefits of being owned by a global brand, the projects will be delivered to companies across the globe, and provide consultants with the opportunity to see their work implemented. Moreover, the company has a modern working culture, having successfully transitioned to a 100% agile working environment. *Please note this role requires FLUENT GERMAN SPEAKERS!
- Deliver Actuarial and Risk expertise, acting as a Subject-Matter-Expert to ensure the successful delivery of specific projects.
- Co-ordinate with colleagues from outside the actuarial profession and provide ideas and insights to build optimal solutions.
- Actively manage your own work-stream to ensure your contributions are delivered punctually and to the top standard, whilst also proactively networking with colleagues to make sure clients receive the best service.
- Meet and discuss project requirements with clients, to ascertain and outline how you are to contribute and set the time-frames for expectations.
- Be enthusiastic and driven, providing a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Have an affinity with IT and newer, advanced analytics techniques, striving always to improve and use the best IT-enabled solutions.
- University degree in mathematical or scientific subject; a completed/currently completing Actuarial qualifications (DAV, SAV, FIA)
- 4 years’ experience as an Actuary (Life or Non-Life), either from a Consultancy firm, or within an IT-orientated department of a business. Actuaries involved in newer topics such as IFRS17 or machine learning should also apply.
- Affinity to IT
- Excellent team-building and able to take personal responsibility for your own workload, communicating effectively on your contribution