Our client is a respected and well-known player in the reinsurance space with a seven year growth record. Due to recent investment, they are actively growing their international books across EMEA, LATAM and APAC (incl A/NZ).
You have the opportunity to work internationally, initially in London and with the option to move to Sydney.
- To act as a leading Actuary within the Cyber business, working directly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate pricing and risk management measures are undertaken, whilst also presenting technical, actuarial and risk management topics to clients.
- Collaborate with teams such as Risk, Finance, Underwriters and Brokers to ensure responsible underwriting practices.
- Ensure all relevant documentation and workflows are completed correctly, encouraging a transparent and data-driven approach to work.
- Provide support on Reinsurance Solutions for Cyber business, but also provide support to primary insurance clients on developing direct cyber solutions.
- Communicate market developments and strategies to the group, to provide insight and ideas for growing and developing a market-leading Cyber offering across the group.
- Proactively develop professional relationships with clients, to ensure a long-term commercial relationship for the group.
- Experienced GI/ Non-Life Actuary, with extensive experience in the international insurance markets. Experience of Cyber insurance is preferable, but those with experience in Casualty, Financial Lines or other long-tail business pricing should also apply! Experience in Reserving or Capital Modelling for long-tail business is also of interest.
- Able to translate deep technical, actuarial concepts to non-technical audiences, comfortable to present and discuss viewpoints, and be a member of pricing and structuring negoitations.
- Comfortable to work in an ambiguous product line and on various tasks, some of which may fall outside traditional, BAU actuarial work.
- Interested in developing relationships with Broking and Underwriting communities, bringing (or willingness to develop) commercial acumen related to reinsurance structuring.
- Additional languages such as Spanish, German, French, Italian, Mandarin or Japanese is greatly preferred.
This opportunity is initially based in London, although the option to move to Sydney is available in the short, medium or long term.