Established in 2014 and headquartered in Singapore, the Mercantile & Maritime Group (“MM”) has exposure to various sectors globally, with a core focus on oil & gas. The group invests across the energy value chain and offers a full range of services including physical products trading, paper trading, shipping, storage terminals & bunkering, midstream asset management, export process management, oil & gas field services, financial advisory and structuring, project development & management, bespoke consultancy in special situations.
In addition, the MM Group has a diversified portfolio across various sectors including commercial and residential real estate, tech, F&B distribution and transportation, all managed by an in-house asset management team.
MM has offices in the Middle East, Europe, Canada and Southeast Asia which allows for a localized approach to doing business. Unlike other similar organizations, MM has a lean corporate structure with low operating costs which allows us to remain competitive and responsive, while also remaining flexible to best meet our client’s needs.
- Run end of day processes
- Validate deals, updates and ensure all market price risk is captured
- Construction of forward curves for MTM purposes
- Reconcile derivative positions and margin requirements
- Daily position/exposure monitoring and reporting
- Daily Pnl/VaR computation and validation against market movements
- Analysing exposure and MTM profit and loss on physical/derivative portfolios
- Produce daily commentary for traders to explain the change in trading profit and loss.
- Produce monthly/quarterly management reporting to explain profit and loss
- Reconciliations (eg between trading system and accounting system and JV profit and loss etc)
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Support system and projects related to risk management
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of working experience in the Oil and Gas trading industry preferred
- Bachelor's Degree/Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking/ Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent Communications/Interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and good team player
- Understanding of physical commodities and derivatives markets an advantage
- High degree of proficiency in Excel VBA and other Microsoft applications.