Our client, a global reinsurance broker boasting notable growth and successes over the last four years ,is looking to hire a Reinsurance Broker able to combine technical and intellectual capabilities with a mature, market-facing approach and deliver tailored reinsurance solutions to both Life and Non-Life Insurance firms.
Working in a client-centric environment, you will be responsible for working with global insurance firms to analyse their reinsurance requirements and independently assess suitable coverage. The team is decentralised, so you can work on traditional and non-traditional reinsurance solutions, be that Solvency Relief, Parametric Risk or Alternative Risk Transfer.
A unique chance to work as a broker supporting both non-life and life insurance firms. Especially as the Reinsurance requirements for Life Insurers evolve, you can broaden your experience within a complex and challenging market.
This firm encourages end-to-end responsibility over your work and therefore is appealing to technical specialists (be that from an actuarial, risk, analytics or similar areas) who greater exposure to the markets.
- Proactively develop relationships with clients in the life and non-life (re)insurance markets across Europe, including Scandanavia, to grow the firm’s market presence.
- Identify the strategic initiatives of clients and deliver appropriate reinsurance solutions that enable the objectives to be reached, providing nuanced technical insights.
- Assess the correct reinsurance coverage and take responsibility for structuring and technical elements, working with relevant colleagues internally as required.
- Negotiate with clients from insurance and reinsurance firms, providing a technically nuanced perspective that adds commercial value to both entities.
- Autonomously manage your clients, cross-selling and leveraging business to support international colleagues.
- Co-ordinate with internal R&D teams to maximise the service delivered to clients, ensuring you are a thought-leader and technical advocate.
- Notable experience in actuarial pricing, originations and/or structuring (minimum 6 years), or in a technical Underwriting or Client Management role –Given the current market growth, this can be either in Non-Life or Life. Life Reinsurance experience is a distinct advantage.
- Experience with managing senior stakeholders and able to negotiate with C-Suite colleagues.
- Knowledge of Non-Traditional reinsurance solutions (i.e. Solvency Relief, Alternative Risk Transfer, Parametric Risk etc)
- Comfortable to travel as required, often to international locations.
- English and another European language (German, French, Dutch etc.).