- An exciting opportunity to join a global insurance business within the central reserving function, with the opportunity to be involved also in IFRS17 implementation.
- As a global leader in the insurance space, you will have a great opportunity to work with highly experienced Actuaries, during an innovative restructure that will centralise actuaries across the value chain.
- The company offers a robust career development path and support for your technical and personal development.
Our client is a respected and well-known insurance firm, that offers life, health and non-life insurance products globally. The role sits within an actuarial function responsible for commercial and corporate business lines.
- Calculate actuarial reserves for commercial and corporate lines of business, taking responsibility for specific global regions.
- Combine analysis related to pricing, reserving and capital modelling to provide nuanced technical analysis both for reserving and other actuarial functions.
- Prepare Solvency II pillar 1 calculations and ensure that disclosures are accurate (in collaboration with your team members)
- Collaborate with other actuarial teams to ensure an efficient knowledge-sharing dynamic, proactively reaching out to all relevant colleagues and teams.
- Advocate for actuarial best practice across the group, contributing to any relevant discussions or initiatives related to improving analytical approach (i.e. related to machine learning, data science etc.).
- BSc/MSc (or higher) degree in a scientific/mathematical or actuarial subject; additionally with either a completed actuarial qualification (DAV, FIA, FSA, SAV etc) or currently completing this qualification. Part-qualified actuaries are equally as welcome as qualified actuaries, and support for the examinations is provided.
- Minimum five years of experience as a GI/General Insurance/Non-Life Actuary.
- Experience in reserving of long tail/liability business is preferred.
- Fluent English is required; candidates with additional European languages will be prioritised.