Our client is an established player within Risk Analytics, who develops modelling tools for companies to measure their financial risk exposure. They provide bespoke credit rating tools that enable clients to have specific insights when making decisions. The company works in Agile Teams and as a Lead Data Engineer, you will be responsible for leading daily stand-ups with other Data Engineers.
As the company grows their data science team and utilises new analytics, they require a Lead Data Engineer to support in the development of a new data architecture and data flow. The company has been implementing Google Cloud Platform for over a year to support the delivery of new tools.
- Collaborating with the Data Science Team to analyse their requirements and develop ETL processes that allow a smooth delivery of data
- Implement Data Scoring pipelines and API gateways to enable customers to view relevant data
- Design an infrastructure for the searching, scoring, sorting, storing and integrating new DataSets
- Manage junior Data Engineering colleagues within an agile environment, including regular stand-ups
- Take responsibility for the data ecosystem to ensure a successful delivery for business stakeholders
- Represent the requirements of Data Engineering to Senior Management Teams (SMT)
You must have:
- Advanced programming skills in scripting language - Python is preferred
- Experience with Apache Airflow - with experience in implementing data pipelines
- CI/CD experience
- Demonstrable experience in assessing data quality and validation
- Excellent communication skills and able to competently discuss advanced technical data engineering and architecture topics with other experts, but also translate requirements to diverse audiences.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience within a cloud environment (AWS or GCP - although GCP experience is preferred, especially with lambdas)
- Deployment of DataFlow, PubSub, BigQuery, Cloud Composer, StackDriver and Data Catalog
- Neo4J / Neo 4J
- MS SQL or Postgres;
- SQL coding
The company are located in London. In light of Covid, they are working remotely until 2022 and are open to considering remote workers for this position. That said, travel to London will be required. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
A Call To Action
This job is appropriate for experienced Data Engineers looking for career development into a leadership role. There are various future career options. Credibility is key. Therefore, if you are interested in proceeding, then please send a CV, including your salary expectations and we can arrange an introductory call.