Our client is a respected and well-known firm within the reinsurance space. This role sits within a relatively newly established team, that designs and delivers complex life reinsurance solutions for life insurers across EMEA. You will act as a front line actuary, delivering solutions to clients.
This is an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment within the safety of an established brand focuses on developing and delivering non-traditional life reinsurance solutions for the EMEA market. As an Actuary, you will support the design and delivery of solutions to support capital management strategies.
A unique role, you will be involved in a client facing, business development and solution delivery activities, and the required actuarial analysis.
- Advise clients within the Life Insurance space on capital management strategies, related to reinsurance, investments or others.
- Support the sales or business development activities by attending client meetings to analyse and help design relevant capital management solutions.
- Pricing and risk modelling of complex and diverse life (re)insurance solutions, and contribute to the delivery of solutions and client presentations.
- Engage with internal teams and back-office actuaries to ensure detailed analysis and appropriate risk management models are designed.
- Develop your skills in structuring, origination and business development, by working on diverse, dynamic solution delivery.
- Act as link between actuarial functions, service delivery and clients.
- Qualified Actuary (Nearly Qualified, Nearly Newly Qualified also acceptable) with experience in L&H re/insurance.
- Exemplary mathematical and analytical skills, with a strong understanding of re/insurance pricing, risk modelling, solvency II and capital modelling is required. Reinsurance specific knowledge is useful but NOT a requirement.
- The ability to work independently –in this role, you will have the support of experienced actuaries but report to an M&A structuring expert. Therefore, you should feel confident in your actuarial capabilities.
- Strong communication skills with the passion for translating actuarial concepts to non-actuarial audiences.
- An interest in developing your commercial, client-facing skills and also your broader insurance network.