- A global reinsurance firm with a substantial presence across the APAC region and notably in Japan, is actively looking to hire Experts in the Japanese Insurance market to support the regional market activities. The client is specifically looking for experts who are currently working outside Japan, but who have experience or understanding of Japanese working practices and are interested in relocating.
- Working within a Reinsurance firm, you will support multiple clients on structuring ceded reinsurance, as well as optimising offerings within the primary insurance market. Thus, the role is highly diverse and offers great complexity.
- The company is highly focused on growing and investing in the Japanese business and therefore you will be visible across the group and a focus for their APAC strategy.
Our client is global reinsurance firm that offers treaty and facultative coverage for Non-Life, Life and Health Business Lines, providing coverage and technical support in the most highly technical deals in the industry. They are a Market leader in regards to Digitalisation, Technology and Cyber, among other areas.
- Develop and expand relationships with clients across Japan, providing diverse support related to ceded reinsurance coverage and also support to compliment the primary insurance offerings.
- Professionally cultivate the views and further the brand reputation and recognition within the Japanese Markets, by providing first-class support to diverse clients across the country. The client has established relationships already and thus, your responsibility is to act as an advocate for the group to build this further.
- Contribute your unique experience and knowledge of the Japanese market to any (and all) areas of the client service offering. Therefore your background can be in Underwriting, Product Development, Risk & Actuarial or Client Management.
- Represent the views and interests of the Japanese market internally within the group, communicating regularly with the APAC and Global Boards respectively.
- Collaborate with stakeholders internally to ensure optimal service is provided to clients, and proactively develop relationships with colleagues to gain buy-in and required support.
- Act as Thought-Leader on growing the Japanese business unit.
- Extensive experience in the Japanese Insurance market, ideally with knowledge of primary insurance market – this can be in various roles from Underwriting, Client Management, Product Development, Proposition Development, risk or actuarial.
- Fluent or Native Japanese language skills, with understanding of cultural business practices and comfortable to work in client-facing role. Comfortable also communicating in English.
- The preference for this role is that someone currently be working outside of Japan, either in UK, Europe or the US. The candidate must be comfortable to relocate to Japan, as COVID-restrictions allow.
- Extensive experience in insurance industry, ideally in senior roles. This role will work closely with the C-Suite and Board Globally, as the region is a strategic growth target. Therefore, you need to be comfortable in such situations.