Our client is a leading broker firm with a global footprint. Sitting within the continental European team, you will support the deal advisory teams that specialise on non-traditional solutions for Life and Non-Life insurance firms. The company has a renowned reputation in reinsurance broking and can boast a consistently growing track record.
This unique opportunity allows a finance and accounting expert with experience in IFRS 17 implementation (or audit) to support colleagues to deliver complex capital optimisation and capital management solutions by providing in-depth insight into IFRS 17.
Dynamic in nature, this role requires you to provide both advisory support to deal making for clients across Europe, and also to be the technical lead on IFRS17 for the European business.
You will develop a network, both internal and external with clients across continental Europe and have the choice to work in any European office.
- Support the advisory and broking teams by providing insight and expert analysis related to finance and accounting topics, with a particular emphasis on IFRS17.
- Design training for colleagues across Continental Europe on the nuances of IFRS 17, subsequently developing networks internally that will result in your involvement also in client solution delivery.
- Produce detailed analysis on the impact of IFRS17 changes to reinsurance structures, and support clients in designing reinsurance strategies to protect against or mitigate against said impact.
- Provide insight to analytics teams to improve tools for IFRS 17 capture, that can later be delivered to clients.
- Act as Thought-Leader and Subject-Matter-Expert for all IFRS17 and accounting topics related to both General Insurance/Non-Life and Life Insurance.
- Develop your Business-Development skills, with the view to eventually proactively generating new business opportunities focused around companies’ IFRS 17 requirements.
- 5 years experience in finance or accounting, either within a re/insurance firm, consultancy or audit environment. You MUST have insurance experience – General Insurance/Non-Life Insurance is required, whilst any experience with Life Insurers or in composite insurance environments is advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS17 – ideally you would be considered an expert.
- Accounting, Finance and other professional qualifications (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or other) are advantageous but not required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language – preferences French, Italian, Spanish or German. Candidates who speak multiple European languages to a high level will likely be fast-tracked!