Our client is a corporate-backed start-up in Zurich that offers Group Life Products on the international stage.
The vacancy is for an experienced Life Pricing Actuary with experience in international employee benefits to work as the Global Head of Underwriting.
- Working with a corporate-backed start-up in an entrepreneurial environment focused on business growth
- Managing a small team with oversight also of regional teams and stakeholder engagement with regional CEOs
- International Group Life business enabling international pricing exposure.
- Lead the group-wide Pricing activities (biometric and non-biometric risks);
- Establish and implement a group-wide Pricing process for European and non-European business;
- Actively involve yourself in large-ticket pricing decisions co-operating with regional life actuarial teams;
- Manage an actuarial team in Zurich and have oversight responsibility for regional pricing activities internationally;
- Balance the Risk and Pricing responsibilities with the overall growth strategy for the group;
- Act as the advocate for sound, actuarial practices across the group and be prepared to speak with Board, as required.
- Occasional travel to regional entities (Europe and the US)
- Qualified Actuary with notable experience in Pricing in Group Life (L&H/A&H). Previous exposure to international L&H is preferred (ideally more than 1 region).
- Strong technical understanding of technical reserving for Group Life Products.
- Management experience is a bonus (not a MUST)
- Fluent English - other European languages are a bonus (German, French, Dutch, Italian)
- Comfortable working in international environment and dealing with regional stakeholders (non-actuarial), as well as Senior Management.