- Global leader in financial services payments infrastructure
- Brand new role leading the development of an international financial crime compliance team
- Competitive salary package.
Our client is a global financial services firm whose business foundations are heavily focused on advanced technology. This is a brand new multi-jurisdictional financial crime compliance function being constructed in 2020 with Luxembourg being a key location for continental European commercial operations.
The role will take a place on the European senior leadership committee and represent the business activities externally with heavy interaction and relationship management across various regulatory bodies, as well as playing an integral role in key commercial decision making internally.
- Establish a cutting-edge European AML function including the oversight of compliance topics including onboarding, KYC and broader AML topics.
- Create and continue to build an international team.
- Develop key strategic relationships across the business – including growth, technology, product, strategy and business development - and externally with local and international regulators.
- Ensure timely management and escalation all financial crime risks.
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership and provide legal insight and advice to support key strategies.
- Extensive financial services experience or payments or technology experience.
- Proven capability of working in or for financial services firms.
- Excellent policy drafting skills.
- Able to lead teams and, ideally, proven experience building teams locally or internationally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organisation and able to handle change management.