My client is a technology first payments infrastructure specialist with more than a dozen global offices and operations in Europe, Asia and USA. Current market valuation is placed at close to $3 billion and they are significantly scaling in multiple areas to increase headcount to 1000.
As a direct report to the hugely impressive General Counsel and Chief Risk Officer, this role will lead the global roll out of a best in class risk management function. The company face quite substantial risks and so there will likely be a heavy focus across payments risk monitoring, risk detection and the enhancement of risk policy, procedures and adherence.
Alongside the risk management operations, the business is building a new stream of products and therefore and regulatory or legal skillset will be highly valuable to ensure smooth licensing applications and enhanced regulatory relationships to support commercial operations and growth.
As an international business leader you will be expected to sit on numerous executive committees and steer internal relationships with the CEO and Founder as well as additional senior stakeholders, board members and have a proven ability of building and scaling international teams.
- More than 12 years of international risk management experience
- Exposure to and knowledge of the payments industry or FinTech or banking industry
- A proven ability to act and collaborate in conjunction with commercial leaders
- Project management (global) experience
- Extensive knowledge of risk management
- Advanced familiarity with payments, remittance or consumer banking businesses