My client is a technology first payments infrastructure specialist with more than a dozen global offices and operations in Europe, Asia and USA. Current market valuation is placed at close to $3 billion and they are significantly scaling in multiple areas to increase headcount to 1000.
As a direct report to the hugely impressive General Counsel and Chief Compliance, this role will lead the global roll out of a best in class compliance function. The company face quite substantial financial crime risks and so there will likely be a heavy focus on a tech first AML development to focus on transactions monitoring, CTF, AML, Sanctions and KYC. Alongside the AML operations, the business is building a new stream of products and therefore a regulatory or legal skillset will be highly valuable to ensure smooth licensing applications, enhanced regulatory relationships and a strong and comprehensive regulatory compliance framework to support commercial operations and growth.
As an international business leader, you will be expected to sit on numerous executive committees and steer internal relationships with the CEO and Founder as well as additional senior stakeholders.
- More than 12 years of international compliance experience
- Exposure to and knowledge of the payments industry or FinTech or banking industry
- A proven ability to act and collaborate in conjunction with commercial leaders
- Project management (global) experience
- Extensive knowledge of AML and compliance risk management
- Ability to navigate a complex and technology rich environment