A highly innovative, high growth business with a very well regarded and known brand has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager/Head of Spain. Based in Madrid you will manage the P&L and oversee strategy for one of the company's key markets, building and leading world-class operations and commercial teams executing across multiple marketplace areas. Given the complexity of the Spanish market, the company prefers a Spanish speaking candidate but is happy to relocate someone from the UK if they have the right skills set.
You will be a hands on, yet strategic leader.
- Full P&L ownership of the Spanish business. Drive business growth in-line with targets and the market opportunity.
- Understand and leverage the fundamental market dynamics for the food industry, and translate this knowledge into an actionable strategy for growth.
- Provide leadership on a day-to-day basis to the team, create a compelling vision and develop a high-performing unit with a strong sense of unity and desire to win together.
- Drive consumer demand and ensure the right systems are in place to scalably acquire, on-board and manage the best restaurant selection in the market.
- Know the market and competitive landscape inside-out, leveraging these insights to win the market. Establish yourself as a thought-leader both internally and externally.
- Drive and enable the team to make robust decisions by equipping the business with the right data and insights, from both internal systems and external stakeholders.
- Strong commercial background with broad experience in business development, marketing, and general management.
- Consistent record of achieving and exceeding targets and driving meaningful business growth.
- Track record of successfully leading teams in fast moving, consumer facing, technology led companies.
- Stellar people management skills with a history of attracting and developing exceptional talent.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of P&L management and an ability to drive unit economics, develop and manage budgets.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment based upon a strong vision for the market, backed by a rigorous and data-driven approach to identifying, prioritising and tackling opportunities.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment, dealing with ambiguity, and in high-pressure situations working to tight deadlines.