- Given a recent restructure, the C-Suite are actively investing into the actuarial function and this opportunity allows you to join a newly established team and support the development of a new pricing and underwriting Process.
- This role entails working closely with underwriters and providing technical analysis and pricing support, as well as meeting with clients, as necessary. Thus it is an opportunity to move into a market facing role.
- The company is currently transforming and reorienting their technical approach and thus you will contribute to the future changes and success of the business. Therefore, there is also the option to take a management or lead responsibility in the future, should you so choose.
A global insurance firm is looking to hire experienced pricing actuaries to shape and evolve the entire underwriting and technical process. The company underwrites Property, Liability, Financial and Professional Lines as well as Specialty Business in all major regions. Therefore, you will work with a global powerhouse in commercial lines insurance.
- Take responsibility for Pricing activities related to the Liabilities portfolio, providing a deep understanding of liability and/or long tail actuarial pricing approaches to ensure a technically robust approach to underwriting.
- Proactively build relationships with, and collaborate efficiently with Underwriters, often based remotely. Provide Underwriters with technical analysis and become an indispensable support that will also entail meeting with clients and facing the market moving forward.
- Co-ordinate your transactional, pricing responsibilities with Deep Dive Analytics functions and to ensure infrastructure and platforms for actuarial processes are optimized. This also requires you to communicate your requirements to Developers, Architects, Data Scientist and actuaries with a back-office focus.
- Focus in the first six months will be on account pricing and benchmarking.
- Act as Subject-Matter-Expert on Liability Pricing, communicating about progress of this area to the C-Suite about progress, needs and requirements
- Minimum 8 years of experience in actuarial role focused on commercial liability business – experience in pricing other long tailed products is also of interest (Professional Lines, Financial Lines).
- Ideal candidates will have extensive experience either in Pricing, Reserving or Capital Modelling for Commercial Liability – and a mixture of the three is highly interesting.
- Qualified Actuaries (ACAS, FCAS, IFoA, DAV, SAV etc) are preferred. Should you have highly relevant experience in Corporate Lines Pricing, but are not fully accredited, then please do still apply.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss complex actuarial pricing and portfolio impacts to diverse audiences in an appropriate way. Your soft skills should also ensure you are comfortable to attend meetings with clients.
- Maturity to collaborate professionally with underwriters and the personal drive to grow and develop a business.