A hugely exciting EdTech company that have had some amazing funding in both series A and most recently in Series B, and have ambitious growth plans over the next few years.
They have hugely exciting plans in the US where they currently have around 10-15 people but are looking for a leader to run the US business based in San Francisco. For the right person it could be incredibly lucrative as well as enjoyable to work within.
With it being a Chinese centric business, they want to have someone that has built businesses from 0-1 in the US but preferably speaks and has an understanding of the Chinese culture / languages.
- Experience to lead and oversee all aspects of the US team. You will be essential in the scale up of the US region by identifying and analysing the potential of untapped markets in the US and executing it, building the processes and teams necessary to support the operations for the Singapore business.
- You will set the strategic direction for the country in conjunction with the management team and work within the budget to achieve the company’s long term financial objectives. These strategic objectives then need to be implemented into daily activities of the team in Singapore
- Ultimately, you will own the overall P&L for US and be the leader to all employees in the US team, playing a pivotal part in building the next unicorn in EdTech.
- Implement best practices across the organization, ensuring that processes are streamlined effectively, with a strong emphasis on the Customers and Learners
- 7+ years of work experience in setting and driving business objectives for an organization, with a direct impact on the organization's revenue
- Experience with P&L ownership of at least USD10m a year, either as a direct owner or as a deputy owner
- Understand the metrics that drive a business success, and have an entrepreneurial mindset ready to drive exponential growth for an organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and set revenue-driven goals with head of departments, while being an inspirational leader to an organization with >50 employees
- Prior experience in a top-tier consulting firm, or in a fast growing start up during their hypergrowth stage