An exciting, innovative, European Consumer business are actively hiring for a Commercial Manager to set up their France operations. This company is new to the market and are experiencing extremely high growth, as they continue to move into new markets internationally.
This is the first hire the business is making in France and has the potential to grow into a Country Manager position as the business evolves. You will report into the Senior Business Development Manager based in Netherlands and be responsible for the successful channel entry and fast growth of the business into French Retailers & Supermarkets.
You will also oversee, maintain and further develop our existing business in the Pharmacy and E-commerce channels. With an ambitious growth plan in place, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to give substance to the commercial objectives as you strive to execute the Sales Strategy in the French market.
The successful candidate will be able to develop opportunities into high performing, profitable sales streams. You should also be able to build and grow sales relationships with internal and external stakeholders, project team members and management leaders. The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic organisation is essential.
- Work closely with the main Distributor to sharpen the business roadmap and execute the sales and marketing strategy
- Further develop the business in France (New channels, New Products)
- Strategic account management: Identify and develop new business opportunities with distribution and retail partners in the assigned area(s) of the market
- Manage the day-to-day business in the French market by working in synergy with our distributor partner
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasting of Distributor sales within standard procedures, as well as in-market stock levels and ordering pipeline
- Ensure the growth of distribution levels as per the agreed yearly KPIs.
- Take charge and follow up on marketing activities together with the distributor and the marketing agency
- Monitoring and reporting competition and market intel
- Bring relevant shopper and category insights, and shape them into actionable in-store executions and activities
- Leverage business analytics to influence customer and company decision making at top-to-top levels; utilizing internal/customer business systems
- Proven Network in the French Retail/Supermarkets
- 7-14 years’ experience (preferably within FMCG Industry)
- Advanced knowledge of the French Retail landscape across the different channels (essential)
- National Account Management, Category Management, or Retail Buyer experience (preferred)
- Proven track record in achieving new business targets and objectives
- Excellent communication, time management, organization, and presentation skills
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Advanced knowledge of P&L, and strong financial acume
- Versatile, self-motivated and results driven
- Fluent command of English and French languages (essential)