I have a new mandate for a very well-funded payments business which is in the process of acquiring a well-known, global payments brand. Reporting into the CEO, you will become the Global CPO responsible for overseeing the strategy, product roadmap and product requirements across all the company’s consumer-facing products and B2B products.
Responsibilities will include developing and championing a compelling product vision, strategy, and roadmap, defining future product needs and enhancements, and leading a high performing product management team.
- Understand the vision of the organisation, it’s product and market opportunities and translate the vision into product strategy that drives ambitious growth.
- Work with the Marketing director on the go to market plan for product adaptation, launch and management.
- Be the voice of the product vision internally, collaborate with stakeholders to ensure Enterprise wide alignment and engagement in a successful product strategy.
- Seek and analyse product feedback through testing and surveys.
- Leverage assets and resources to drive meaningful product growth through innovation as well as iteration
- Partner with the CCO, CTO and other stakeholders to define the processes and ways of working which constitute the product development process
- Lead the transformation of product ideas into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects
- Create and manage a process that drives toward a scalable product portfolio
- Define and implement the product development strategy ensuring continuous improvement as well as compliance to market
- Oversee product design, maintenance and improvement ensuring consumer and user appeal
- Create, define, and prioritise business cases for large product development projects
- Motivate, manage, coach a team of Product Owners and designers constantly ensuring improvement in professional skills and positive morale.
- Play a leading role in evaluating market trends, product industry and competition strategies including analysis and review of new web technologies and marketing tools
- Experience in designing and engaging others on product vision and strategy, technical approach, and architectural decisions
- Excellent track record of managing and developing major products, improving, and ensuring quality of products, and solid product management skills within a high-growth business
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Proven experience leading and managing high performance products, design and/or engineering teams
- Extensive experience of building teams within the product environment
- Proven track record with managing large scale web products
- Excellent understanding of the use of data analysis to drive product improvement
- Structured and dynamic approach to project management and product development