A highly backed FinTech start-up who have just completed their Series A funding are actively looking for a COO. Based in Bangkok, this business is looking to create a new C-Suite leadership team to support the CEO as they prepare for international expansion, and you will act as the right hand person to the CEO.
This is a great opportunity to scale up one of Asias leading fintech businesses. You will instil and develop a culture of operating excellence and great talent management, and foster an aligned, focused and productive environment within the company. Your direct areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to;
- The general managers who run our core cross-functional business units.
- The commercial team which includes marketing, sales, strategic partnerships and business development
- The teams working on core operations, payments, IT, and people operations.
- Execution of these key initiatives, ensuring clarity of goals and KPIs, staffing and alignment.
- Company organisational structure, communication cadence and infrastructure to keep the company aligned.
- Instilling a data-driven decision-making culture.
The successful candidate will:
- A proven track record of leading and scaling high growth organisations
- Previous commercial experience involving managing commercial teams and owning a P&L
- Experience of managing a risk function alongside commercial teams would be ideal, or working in an environment with a risk management function
- Ability to work horizontally across multiple functional groups and in matrix team structures
- Open-mindedness and ability to improve in response to constructive feedback
- A desire to build agile and effective organisations
- Strong leadership capabilities and aspiration to excellence
- Background of being responsible for growing talent and people teams
- Experience coaching team members, including leaders of teams
- Great communication both internally and externally
- Previous experience of working in fintech is a bonus, but is not required