Our client is a highly ambitious B2B2C FinTech start-up in London and they are looking for a top-tier Founding Engineer/Front-End Developer to join, to be hands on in helping the company through the first tech build and early stages of growth.
This is a broad role where you’ll be able to shape the direction of the technology and ensure that they have the best foundations and processes in place to achieve ambitious goals. You need to be able to think both strategically and also get into the detail. They are a small team and focused on building world class technology.
- Zero-to-1 – given how early they are on in their journey, this is a unique opportunity for you to build a great product from the ground up without any headache inducing legacy to deal with… As such, you will help design and build their initial architecture and overall tech stack
- Delivery – you will work to form a fast paced delivery plan and hold really accountability over those deliveries. You need to be adaptable to pivot the plan as they gain more customer insight and have tenacity to overcome problems you encounter.
- Scalability – above mentioned zero-to-1. However, they need to have an eye on the future and ensure they build tech that they can scale. This means a constant trade off between quick delivery and creating technical debt – you need to be confident and communicate your decisions around this
- Team attitude – technology is key but there isn’t technology without the people who build it. As an early employee, you need to work with all members of the company, not just the tech team. Within the tech team, they operate on a flat structure with the aim to ship fast and often, leaving egos at the door.
- Entrepreneurial – you are a self-starter and know how to work and contribute to a high-performing team. You have experience with engineering in a high growth company (ideally in FinTech)
- Product mindset – you think beyond engineering and technical details. You are passionate about bringing to life solutions that matter and will help solve problems for customers
- Inclusive – You are open-minded and inclusive in your work style
What's on offer:
- The opportunity to join a highly driven and passionate team in the very early days of the business
- An attractive share package with real potential upside along with a pre-seed salary
- The possibility to create a truly meaningful fintech product