- A global insurance player with headquarters in Europe, is actively expanding its business operations in China.
- A unique opportunity for experienced actuaries to work in an entrepreneurial team.
- Actuarial reporting and risk framework from scratch.
- Working in a lean team, you will work closely with C-Suite colleagues
Our client is a renowned and global insurance player offering Life, Health and Non-Life insurance across EMEA for Personal and Commercial Lines. In light of changes to the Chinese regulatory environment, this company is committed to building a collaborate and sustainable business in the region.
- Analyse the current Risk and Reporting models for Life Insurance, and act as Subject-Matter-Expert to improve the valuation models used across the business.
- Act as Lead for implementation of Prophet, developing, testing and implementing valuation models from scratch (therefore any experience with developing ALS libraries is highly advantageous).
- Implement a sensitive ALM model.
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement Solvency II models, ensuring compliance with group wide frameworks.
- Support on the implementation of IFS 17 with the view to develop efficient reporting processes for all regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with colleagues internally, supporting an evolution of risk management and actuarial reporting techniques, proactively mentoring colleagues when necessary.
- Work within the wider group framework to ensure actuarial practices maintain a high standard.
- Degree in quantitative or statistical subject, with a natural affinity to quantitative approaches. Actuarial Qualification (or qualification in process) is advantageous.
- Notable experience with coding in Prophet is preferred, although other actuarial modelling software can be considered (i.e. Moses or Axis, Python or R). Knowledge of ALS libraries and developing ALS libraries is preferred.
- Demonstrable commercial experience with ALM Models and Cash-Flow Modelling within a Life Insurance Firm, Reinsurer or technical Consultancy.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.