Our client is a well-respected firm in the reinsurance space, that provides their clients with a high level of professional service in the reinsurance industry across life and non-life. At the moment, there is great focus on the impact of IFRS 17 on reinsurance requirements and our client is one of the front runners in this process. They value the importance of transparency with their clients and always aim to make reinsurance placements in the best interest of the client.
An internationally renowned reinsurance broker who is currently developing within the area of IFRS 17 in the non-life and life business sectors and providing the opportunity for you to be a Subject-Matter-Expert for their European broker community and analytical colleagues.
This role allows you to be the go-to person for all things surrounding IFRS 17; you are responsible for the companies next steps in progression during this monumental change in the industry as the impacts of IFRS 17 on strategic reinsurance decisions come into play.
This initiative gives you the chance to work with international stakeholders and clients, thus expanding your regional knowledge and network.
- Come into the business and act as the IFRS 17 expert, showing a deep understanding of how IFRS 17 is going to impact reinsurance businesses.
- You will be required to consult and inform clients and brokers with regards to how IFRS 17 will affect the reinsurance structures and the potential mitigation.
- Further, you will have the duty of designing and providing training around IFRS 17 for clients and your internal colleagues across Continental Europe.
- Enter the company with a pro-active mindset when generating, searching and pushing for new business opportunities through the development of reinsurance solutions and services which coincide and answer to the needs of IFRS 17.
- Work alongside the analytical colleagues of the company to procure and improve the analytical tools’ suite to encapsulate IFRS 17.
- Have a minimum of 4 years professional working experience relating to finance or accounting gained within a reinsurance company or a FSI audit department.
- Expert level knowledge of IFRS re(insurance) – specifically IFRS17.
- Qualifications relating to accounting are desirable e.g. CPA, CIMA, ACCA etc. Actuarial qualifications (FIA, FSA, DAV, SAV etc) can also be considered.
- Strong communication skills that allow you to liaise with all levels of the company virtually and externally.
- Can problem solve to a high degree and be a critical thinker and be open to an innovative way of thinking and working.
- Ideally able to provide evidence of leading and managing projects.
If you're interested in discussing this or other opportunities, please drop me an email or a direct message to arrange a call.